Hearing aids come in many different shapes and forms, to suit certain hearing requirements or user preferences. BTE (Behind the Ear) models are mainly used for more severe hearing loss or if cost is a concern; RIC (Receiver in Canal) is a cosmetically good solution and provides added benefit of wearing comfort; Custom made hearing aids which are fitted directly inside the ear or ear canal provide natural hearing and a high degree of discretion.
Custom made for each customer into an individual manufactured shell fitting only to the individuals ear canal. The instrument is typically so small that it disappears almost completely inside your ear canal and is barely noticeable by others. Besides the cosmetic benefit, the deep insertion of the device has several hearing benefits.
Suitable for: Mild to moderate hearing loss. Perfect for those with active lifestyles that are looking for a discrete hearing instrument that is barely visible.
Advantages of CIC
- Small size
- Limited Occlusion problems (hear the natural sound of one’s own voice)
- Great microphone and receiver positioning
- Completely wireless connections via a special Bluetooth protocol may be available
- Expensive remakes if shell breaks and can be difficult to change volume
- FM and wired connections rarely available
- Telecoil may not be available