Hearing aids come in many different shapes and forms, to suit certain hearing requirements or user preferences. BTE (Behind the Ear) models are mainly used for more severe hearing loss or if cost is a concern; RIC (Receiver in Canal) is a cosmetically good solution and provides added benefit of wearing comfort; Custom made hearing aids which are fitted directly inside the ear or ear canal provide natural hearing and a high degree of discretion.
Custom made for each customer into an individually manufactured shell fitting only to the individuals Concha (deepest indentation of the cartilage of the human ear). All components with a custom made casing filling out the whole concha.
Suitable for: Mild to severe hearing loss. Great for active lifestyles.
Advantages of ITE
- Open Fit available
- Multiple microphones
- Reverse direction microphone
- Volume control
- Small batteries
- Limited Occlusion Control (depends on ear canal size)
- Excellent microphones & receiver positioning
- Completely wireless connections via a special Bluetooth protocol may be available
- Visible and can be difficult to insert or change volume
- FM and wired connections rarely available